call for contribution at invited session in KES2002

Giovanna Castellano castellano at di.uniba.it
Thu Apr 11 06:37:59 EDT 2002

As you may aware, the coming KES Conference will be held in September
this year in Italy (http://www.bton.ac.uk/kes/kes2002/)

I am currently organizing a special session for the conference in the
area of Knowledge-based neurocomputing systems.

I would like to invite you to submit papers to this session. The
original deadline for submissions is 1 April. However, with the
understanding that many of us may be busy and unable to meet this
deadline, I have negotiated a further extension of the deadline to 20
April. So if you are interested in contributing to this session please
let me know at your earliest convenience, sending ASAP your intention
to submit a paper to me (castellano at di.uniba.it)l.

You can find below the cfp containing information for paper submission.

If you have any questions in that regard please feel free to contact me.

Dr. Giovanna CASTELLANO
Assistant Professor, PhD in Computer Science
Computer Science Department
University of Bari
Via Orabona, 4
70125 Bari, ITALY

phone: +39 080 5442456
fax     : +39 080 5443196
e-mail: castellano at di.uniba.it

			       KES'2002
		  Sixth International Conference on

	       Knowledge-Based Intelligent Information
			 Engineering Systems
		      16, 17 & 18 September 2002
		   Podere d'Ombriano, Crema, Italy

Special Session: Knowledge-Based Neurocomputing Systems
Call for papers

This special session aims at presenting and discussing Knowledge-Based
Neurocomputing Systems, which concern the use and the explicit
representation of problem-specific knowledge within the neurocomputing
paradigm. All areas of simulations where KBN systems can be applied
will be considered, giving a special focus to applications in
medicine. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):

  a.. Hybrid architectures for neural networks
  b.. Fuzzy and neurofuzzy techniques
  c.. Methods of rule extraction/discovery
  d.. Clustering and classification
  e.. Pattern recognition
  f.. Predictive models
  g.. Control / Optimization systems
  h.. Medical and diagnostic systems

Submissions
Papers should be submitted in electronic format (preferably in PDF or
PostScript) to castellano at di.uniba.it, using the subject-line "KES02
Special Session submission". Papers must be formatted as detailed in
IOS Instructions for the Preparation of a Camera-Ready Manuscript (see
the KES 2002 homepage for details). The maximum length of papers is
five pages (when prepared according to the IOS instructions). Longer
papers will be subject to an additional page charge. Please note that
final versions of accepted papers must be submitted in hard copy.

Submitted papers have to be unpublished, containing new and original results.

Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to
register and present the paper.

The session papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings
(IOS Press, Amsterdam, the Netherlands). Extended versions of selected
papers will be considered for publication in the KES Journal
(International Journal of Knowledge-Based Intelligent Engineering
Systems).

Important Dates
Submission deadline: April 20, 2002
Notification of acceptance: May 15, 2002
Deadline for camera-ready papers: June 1, 2002

Session Organizer and Chair
Dr. Giovanna Castellano
Computer Science Department
University of Bari