Ph.D studentship

Jianfeng Feng jianfeng at cogs.susx.ac.uk
Wed Sep 5 09:53:32 EDT 2001

We are interested in applicants having backgrounds in any of the
following

             Statistics                         Mathematics
             Computer Science                   Physics

Sussex  has an
excellent research reputation (12th in the latest league table).
The school of cognitive and computing sciences at the university
of Sussex grew out of a pioneering multi-disciplinary centre for
research into intelligent systems and the mechanisms underlying
them. Artificial intelligence and Neuroscience are areas in which
Sussex is exceptionally strong, a view supported by the results of
the last three national Research Assessment Exercises in which the
computer science and artificial intelligence group in the school
received 5 rating.

Applications are invited for one research studentship to be held
from 1st January 2002 for three years. The studentship is funded
by EPSRC. The student will work on learning in spiking
neuronal networks.

Applicants should have a 1st or 2(i) class honours degree in an
appropriate subject. Further particulars on my interests  etc.
could be found at

 http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/users/jianfeng

Applications should be sent as soon as possible to: Dr. J. Feng,
Cogs, Sussex University, BN1 9QH, UK, e-mail:
jianfeng at cogs.susx.ac.uk, or jf218 at cam.ac.uk, tel. 0044 1273
678062.