how to decide what to read

Sam Joseph gaijin at yha.att.ne.jp
Thu Nov 29 10:07:45 EST 2001

This is exactly the sort of thing that the NeuroGrid project is trying to
achieve.

http://www.neurogrid.net/

I won't claim that we have the perfect solution just yet, but we're
working towards a system where you can easily publish meta-data about
whatever documents you care to.  Over time the system learns who you go to
for which information, automatically adjusting future recommendations on
this basis.  e.g. I often read and download pages related to "Fly
Fishing"that were marked up by John, so my NeuroGrid node learns to go to
John first when I search for things related to "Fly Fishing".

NeuroGrid is completely open source, the code is all in SourceForge, which
means that it

1. is still under development
2 will take some time before it is a turn key solution

I believe that integrating trust and learning into this sort of
distributed system is essential and that ultimately we will all benefit
from the approach, whether NeuroGrid is the actual system we end up using
or not.

CHEERS> SAM