Parallel Paper Submission

Michel Eytan eytan at dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr
Wed Nov 28 23:49:35 EST 2001

Thus hath held forth Adriaan Tijsseling at 28-11-2001 re Re: Parallel Paper
Submission:

[snip]
> An ideal, but certainly attainable option is to have one single online
> repository for papers, in the same vein as citeseer or cogprints.
> Researchers can then retrieve the papers they are interested in, read them,
> and return a score based on relevance, originality, and the like. Perhaps
> they can submit a more detailed commentary anonymously, visible to the
> author(s) only.

We all know that there is a very serious pb about this: MONEY! The editors
will *never* agree to put on the Web for free items that they sell -- and not
cheap at that :-(((

> In this age, one should optimally try to benefit from modern internet
> technologies. Let the academic public decide which articles they deem

HOW? The refrereeing process is intended to do precisely that, with the
concourse of experts in the field...

Michel Eytan                                       eytan at dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr
                                      I say what I mean and mean what I say