referee idea

Ivo Kwee ivo at idsia.ch
Wed Nov 28 04:56:29 EST 2001

Hi,

I saw the postings on connectionists about referees. As a matter of
fact, I bounced a related idea of open review for JMLR to Leslie just a
week ago. I think it is relevant and might be in fact feasible [hope L.
doesn't mind me quoting her...]. About L's comment on "sifting":
additionally we can keep a personal list of what are the latest reviewed
papers of some (important) person, personal "recommendations" (see
Amazon), reviewers ranking, global download statistics, online
versioning etc. The good thing about "the Amazon way" is that you can
also read the reviewers comment themselves, which is mostly not
available in most journals but is quite useful (as an exception I think
the J. of Am. Statistics does include reviewers comments).

Ivo Kwee
IDSIA