opening at SNN Nijmegen

Tom Heskes tom at mbfys.kun.nl
Wed Nov 7 05:12:03 EST 2001

Postdoc or PhD position at SNN Nijmegen
=======================================

SNN at the University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands, offers a Postdoc or
PhD position for a computer scientist, statistician or physicist with
interest in machine learning, (dynamical) Bayesian networks and
affiliated techniques.

The candidate will be assigned to work on the STW project "Sales
forecasting through aggregation". Within this project, our aim is to
develop Bayesian methodology to handle and learn from a large amount of
similar time series. This project is a collaboration with Eindhoven
Technical University. From a postdoc, we expect a PhD in physics,
mathematics or computer science and a solid background in machine
learning and statistics. Excellent candidates interested in a PhD
position can apply as well.

SNN Nijmegen offers a stimulating research environment, with 10
researchers and PhD students working on theoretical and practical
aspects of neural and Bayesian networks, machine learning, and
computational neuroscience. We are part of the Department of Biophysics
which is involved in experimental brain research. Work of our group has
been commercialized successfully through the company SMART Research BV.
More information on our research interests can be found at
http://www.snn.kun.nl/nijmegen.

The postdoc salary will be between Dfl. 5847 and Dfl. 7995 per month,
depending on experience. The position is available for 2 years with
possible extension to 4 years. The PhD position will be for 4 years with
salary from Dfl. 3268 per month in the first year to Dfl. 4666 in the
fourth.

Interested candidates are asked to submit their CV and a list of
publications by regular or e-mail to

Tom Heskes
SNN, University of Nijmegen
Geert Grooteplein 21