Studentships in Natural Computation

John A Bullinaria J.A.Bullinaria at cs.bham.ac.uk
Thu Jun 28 09:36:33 EDT 2001

                   -------------------------
                   Scholarships/Studentships
                   -------------------------

            MSc/PGDip/PGCert in Natural Computation
            =======================================

                http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/natcomp

                   School of Computer Science
                The University of Birmingham, UK

Starting in October 2001, we are offering an advanced 12 month MSc
programme in Natural Computation (i.e. computational systems that use
ideas and inspirations from natural biological, ecological and physical
systems).  This will comprise of six taught modules in Neural
Computation, Evolutionary Computation, Molecular and Quantum Computation,
Nature Inspired Optimisation, Nature Inspired Learning, and Nature
Inspired Design; two mini research projects; and one full scale research
project. PGDip and PGCert are available for shorter periods. Part-time
studies are welcome.

The programme is supported by the EPSRC through its Master's Level
Training Packages, and by a number of leading companies.  It is open to
candidates with a very good honours degree or equivalent qualifications
in Computer Science/Engineering or closely related areas.

A small number of fully funded EPSRC studentships (scholarships) are
available to UK/EU students. A small number of scholarships funded by the
European Commission under its ASIA-ITC programme are available to Indian
students. Additional financial support from our industrial partners may be
available during the main project period.

Further details are available from our Web-site at:
                http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/natcomp
or via email:
                Admissions at cs.bham.ac.uk

Please note that the official closing date for applications is 15th July
2001, though good applications may still be considered after that date.