CFP: European Workshop on Reinforcement Learning (EWRL5)

Marco Wiering marco at cs.uu.nl
Fri Jun 22 05:44:40 EDT 2001

                    Call for Participation

The Fifth European Workshop on Reinforcement Learning (EWRL5'2001)

                    5 and 6 October 2001
                  Utrecht, the Netherlands

The biennial European  Workshop on  Reinforcement Learning  (EWRL)  will
take place in Utrecht, the Netherlands this year. The goal is to gather
researchers interested in Reinforcement Learning  and its applications.
The invited talk will be presented by Prof. Leslie Kaelbling.

We encourage the submission of a 2-page abstract, on any aspect of
Reinforcement Learning including (but not restricted to):

  Theoretical aspects of reinforcement learning
  Function approximation in reinforcement learning
  Exploration in reinforcement learning
  Direct vs. Indirect reinforcement learning
  Multi-agent reinforcement learning
  Robotic reinforcement learning
  Novel algorithms for reinforcement learning
  Reinforcement learning for complex problem solving
  Reinforcement learning for dynamic replanning
  Reinforcement learning and game theory

The extended abstracts will be published in a proceedings.

Important dates:

  Submission deadline                  :   10   August    2001
  Acceptance/rejection notification    :    3   September 2001
  Submission of camera ready abstracts :   12   September 2001
  Presentations at EWRL                :   5/6  October   2001

For further information, we refer to the website:

  http://www.cs.uu.nl/~marco/EWRL5.html

We look forward to seeing you at EWRL'2001 this year.

  Marco Wiering (marco at cs.uu.nl)
  Marco Dorigo  (mdorigo at ulb.ac.be)