IJCNN 2001 deadline extended to Feb 22, 2001

tsims@talley.com tsims at talley.com
Fri Feb 9 18:15:17 EST 2001

E X T E N D E D
A B S T R A C T
D E A D L I N E
for
I J C N N 2 0 0 1

International Joint Conference on Neural Networks 2001

Washington, D.C., July 15-19,2001

Deadline for ABSTRACTS extended to February 22, 2001.

Electronic Submission of Abstracts:
         http://ams.cos.com/cgi-bin/login?institutionId=2425&meetingId=19

Dear Colleague,

     There is an important new development for the IJCNN 2001.
     We are informed that the National Science Foundation is launching a major
new interdisciplinary funding initiative soon, one that should be of extreme
interest to our community.

     Accordingly, the INNS Board has decided to feature this NSF
Initiative at the IJCNN 2001, including opportunity for special
sessions/tracks, and a Panel that focuses on this new initiative.

     This will be a venue in which our community can provide the
agencies involved in this new interdisciplinary initiative a broader
scope of ideas to include in the definition of their programs.

     WE INVITE you, our colleagues, to consider submitting paper
abstracts and/or proposals for special sessions on topics which  involve
multiple disciplines in our field, and hopefully, in areas that push boundaries
beyond the scope of previous session topics. We encourage you and other
interested scientists to participate in presentations and on-site discussions to
launch the new initiative.

      Our hope is that such presentations, coupled with details of the
funding initiative and a panel discussion on the topic will provide an
outstanding opportunity for attendees of the IJCNN 2001.

Sincerely,
Ken Marko and Paul Werbos,
General Chairs, IJCNN 2001

PS: We are happy to announce that over 500 Abstracts have already been
submitted for the IJCNN 2001, and encourage those who may have missed the
original deadline to submit their abstracts now.

Use the following URL to go to the abstract submission site:
http://ams.cos.com/cgi-bin/login?institutionId=2425&meetingId=19

               Sincerely,

               Ken Marko and Paul Werbos
               For the Organizing Committee of IJCNN 2001