No subject

Yoshio Takane takane at takane2.psych.mcgill.ca
Fri Feb 2 09:21:31 EST 2001

Dear Colleagues,

Thanks to you all!  I have received overwhelming responses to my
"call for papers" for my invited session at the IMPS2001, circulated
a few weeks ago. The following are tentative speakers: names, titles
of the talks, affiliations and email addresses.

See you all there.  You can get detailed information about the meeting
at http://www.ir.rikkyo.ac.jp

Regards,

Yoshio Takane
Professor

1. Thomas R. Shultz & Francois Rivest (McGill University). Knowledge-
based cascade-correlation: Size variation of relevant prior knowledge.
(Email: shultz at psych.mcgill.ca, frives at po-box.mcgill.ca)

2. Shotaro Akaho (National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and
Technology, formerly ETL). A kernel method for canonical correlation
analysis. (Email: akaho at etl.go.jp)

3. Hideki Asoh (National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and
 Technology, formerly ETL). An approximation of nonlinear canonical
correlation analysis using neural networks. (Email: asoh at etl.go.jp)

4. Yoshio Takane & Yuriko Oshima-Takane (McGill University). Nonlinear
generalized canonical correlation analysis by neural network models.
(Email: takane at takane2.psych.mcgill.ca, yuoshima at ed.tokyo-fukushi.ac.jp)

5. Daniel L. Silver (Acadia University). The task rehearsal method of
sequential learning. (Email: Danny.Silver at AcadiaU.ca)

6. Shogo Makioka (Osaka Women's University). A connectionist model of
phonological working memory. (Email: makioka at center.osaka-wu.ac.jp)

7. Ryotaro Kamimura (Tokai University). Cooperative information control
for self-organization maps. (Email: ryo at ego.mcgill.ca)

8. Emilia Barakova (GMD-Japan Reaserch Laboratory). Temporal
integration of self-organized sensor streams for robust spatial
modeling. (Email: emilia.barakova at emilia-g3.gmd.gr.jp)

9. Allan Kardec Barros, Andrzej Cichocki & Noboru Ohnishi (Riken and
Universidade Federal do Maranhao) Extraction of sources using a priori
information about their temporal structure. (Email: allan at biomedica.org,
cia at brain.riken.go.jp)

10. Keith Worsley (McGill University). Brain mapping data:
classification, principal components, and multidimensional scaling.
(Email: keith at scylla.math.mcgill.ca)