Deadline extension for Abstracts for NCPW6: June 30

Robert French rfrench at ulg.ac.be
Fri Jun 23 13:18:16 EDT 2000

SIXTH NEURAL COMPUTATION AND PSYCHOLOGY
WORKSHOP (NCPW6)

We have decided to extend to JUNE 30 of the Final Deadline
for Abstracts for NCPW6, to be held at the University of Li=E8ge
in eastern Belgium from September 16-18 of this year.

The goal of this Workshop, the sixth in a series, is to bring
together psychologists and neuropsychologists doing neural
network modeling. Abstracts are to be approximately 200
words long. Notification of acceptance for a paper presentation
will be done by July 5. The finished paper must be ready by
the time of the Workshop. See the NCPW6 Web page for
all details: http://www.fapse.ulg.ac.be/ncpw6/

So far we have people presenting from Belgium, Brazil,
Britain, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, and the U.S.
Some of the participants include: Domenico Parisi,
Maartje Raijmakers, John Bullinaria, Bob French,
Samantha Hartley, Martin LeVoi, Richard Shillcock,
Jonathan Shapiro, Joe Levy, Richard Cooper, David
Glasspool, Roland Baddeley, Noel Sharkey, Axel
Cleeremans, Frank van Overwall, Barbara Tillmann,
Gert Westermann, Jacques Sougn=E9, and Claudia
Schiffer, among others.

(Well, actually, Claudia Schiffer won=92t be there. She
doesn=92t do _connectionist_ modeling.)

The Workshop will be held over two and a half days (Sept
16-18) and there will be about 25-30 talks, no parallel
sessions and no posters. The atmosphere is designed to
be congenial but rigorous. The welcoming reception, coffee
breaks, lunches and a copy of the Proceedings (published
by Springer-Verlag) will be included in the registration fee
(100 euros). There will be an optional banquet (30 euros)
on Sunday night, Sept. 17. Please register as soon as you
are sure you are coming.  You can register and pay
electronically over a secure line.

This year the theme will be =93Evolution, Learning and Development.=94
This is a broad topic and intentionally so. Although we aren=92t
interested in, say, connectionist applications to submarine warfare,
we will consider all papers that have something to do with the
announced topic, even if rather tangentially. This is the first
year that NCPW is being held on the Continent, a move
that was explicitly designed to attract not only the usual
contingent of British connectionists, but also our colleagues
from other European countries as well.

The exact organization of the final program will depend on
the submissions received.  We will publish the program on
the Web site as soon as it is determined.

Hope to see you in September.

Bob French,
on behalf of the NCPW6 organizing committee

CONTACT DETAILS

For any problems or questions, please send e-mail to
mailto:cogsci at ulg.ac.be

Robert M. French, Ph.D
Quantitative Psychology and Cognitive Science
Psychology Department
University of Liege
4000 Liege, Belgium
Tel: (32.[0]4) 366.20.10