job offer in Tokyo

Nicolas Schweighofer nschweighofer at neurotek.co.jp
Mon Jul 31 02:37:09 EDT 2000

My company has two research positions that could be of interest for
people with training in statistics/neural networks.

Learning Curve K.K, Tokyo, Japan: We have developed a new, scientific,
and patented learning method, which has the potential to radically
change the way we learn. Our company is now preparing to introduce
this method to both the Japan and U.S. markets in the form of computer
software applications, and we are expanding our research team for the
development and testing of future versions of this method.  The
positions require a Masters or a PhD degree with training in computer
science, applied math, physics, psychology, cognitive neuroscience, or
related field.  Depending on the position, the candidates should
either have strong analytical skills preferably with experience in
statistics/neural networks or have proven experience in designing and
conducting experiments with subjects. Applicants should be creative,
have the ability to quickly learn new techniques and concepts, and
have excellent oral and written skills in either English or
Japanese. We offer very competitive salaries and an employee Stock
Option Plan. If you are looking for the opportunity to conduct
high-level research in an exciting pre-IPO start-up in Tokyo, please
send your resume to nicolas at neurotek.co.jp.

Nicolas Schweighofer, Ph.D.
Director of Core Research
The Learning Curve, Inc.
Tel: +81-3-3463-7266 Fax: +81-3-5489-7015
nicolas at neurotek.co.jp