Graphical model software

bert@mbfys.kun.nl bert at mbfys.kun.nl
Wed Jan 12 08:17:20 EST 2000

SOFTWARE ANNOUNCEMENT

We would like to announce BayesBuilder, a tool for constructing and
testing Bayesian networks. This software can be used free of charge for
non-commercial purposes.

BayesBuilder supports the following features:
- User friendly graphical interface.
- Comprehensive help function.
- Defining several views on parts of the network, which is essential for
building large networks.
- Importing networks from the Hugin Format, the Netica Format, the
Microsoft Bayesian Network Format and the Bayesian Interchange Format.
- Exporting the status of the network to a database of cases, and
importing from the cases database to the network.
- Undo/redo support.
- Automatic network layout.

System requirements:
Win32 Release for Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows NT (4.0) on Intel
hardware. A Pentium or faster processor. A minimum of 32
megabytes of RAM is required. A minimum of 22 Mb on harddisk is
required.  Minimum desktop area: 800x600 pixels. Color pallette: 256
colors,
VGA.

For more information and for free downloading of BayesBuilder, please go
http://www.mbfys.kun.nl/snn/Research/bayesbuilder/

BayesBuilder was used by our group to develop Promedas, a diagnostic
decision support
system for anaemia. For more information about Promedas and a free demo
CD, see
http://www.mbfys.kun.nl/snn/Research/promedas/

Suggestions and comments are welcome.

SNN