Snippet

Wolfgang W Bein bein at malachite.CS.UNLV.EDU
Mon Feb 28 18:40:28 EST 2000

I am the Technical Secession Chair for a session
on "Neural Networks and Genetic Algorithms"

I am still able to accept a limited number of
contributions for this session (see below for
a description.)  I would need an extended
abstract by Friday, March 3 (up to 4 pages,
but a 1 page would suffice,  given the deadline)
The camera ready copy is only due by April 1.

The session is part of the 2000 International
Conference on Mathematics and Engineering Techniques
in Medicine and Biological Sciences, which
is concurrent with IC-AI.
There is a pointer to the relevant pages on
my home-page http://www.cs.unlv.edu/~bein/

Wolf Bein
Computer Science
University of Nevada, Las Vegas

Neural Networks and Genetic Algorithms
--------------------------------------
Adaptive methods play a significant role
as tools in situations where more rigid
methods may fail. Artificial Neural Networks
and Genetic Methods are inspired by
concepts arising in Biology and the Cognitive
Sciences.
This session will highlight ongoing work
relating Artificial Neural Networks and
Genetic Methods, as well as recent
applications of these tools to Medicine
and the Biological Sciences.