new deadline NCST-99

David Horn horn at alice.nc.huji.ac.il
Thu May 13 07:22:55 EDT 1999

                        Special Announcement
                        ====================

            postponement of deadline for submissions to the conference

               Neural Computation in Science and Technology

Place: Maale Hachamisha, Israel.
Dates of the conference: October 10-13, 1999.
Deadline for submission of contributions: postponed to June 15, 1999.
                                                       ==============

Due to a local strike, mail and email communications to and from
Tel Aviv University were cut off during the past week, and are still
down at present. As a result, we have decided to postpone the
deadline for submission of contributions from May 15 to June 15.

The conference will concentrate on modern issues in computational
neuroscience as well as in applications of neural network techniques
in  science and technology. Currently confirmed speakers are:
D.Amit, Y. Baram, M. Bialek, E. Domany, R. Douglas, G. Dreyfus,
W. Gerstner, D. Golomb, M. Hasselmo, J. Hertz, D. Horn, N. Intrator,
I. Kanter, W. Kinzel, R. Miikkulainen, K. Obermayer, E. Oja, E. Ruppin,
I. Segev, T. Sejnowski, H. Siegelmann, H. Sompolinsky, N. Tishby,
M. Tsodyks, V. Vapnik and D. Willshaw.

In view of the current communication problem, abstracts of submitted
papers should be sent to the  interim email address
horn at alice.nc.huji.ac.il.
Four copies of full papers up to seven pages in length should be mailed to
Prof. David Horn, NCST-99, School of Physics and Astronomy,
Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel.

Registration forms and further information will be available at the
website http://neuron.tau.ac.il when electronic services will resume.