Paper available

Marco Budinich (tel. +39-040-676 3391) Marco.Budinich at trieste.infn.it
Sat Apr 10 07:54:19 EDT 1999

   Dear Colleagues,
the following paper, to appear in official form on Neural Computation, is
presently available at:
           http://www.ts.infn.it/~mbh/PubABS.html#Nonu_corr
all comments are most welcome.
					 All the best,
					Marco Budinich

        Adaptive Calibration of Imaging Array Detectors

                Marco Budinich and Renato Frison
       Physics Department - University of Trieste, Italy
              (to appear on: Neural Computation)

Abstract - In this paper we present two methods for non-uniformity correction
of imaging array detectors based on neural networks, both of them exploit image
properties to supply lack of calibrations while maximizing the entropy of the
output. The first method uses a self-organizing net that produces a linear
correction of the raw data with coefficients that adapt continuously. The
second method employs a kind of contrast equalization curve to match pixel
distributions. Our work originates from Silicon detectors but the treatment is
general enough to be applicable to many kinds of array detectors like those
used in Infrared imaging or in high energy physics.

  | Marco Budinich                                                  |
  | Dipartimento di Fisica             Tel.:    +39 040 676 3391    |
  | Via Valerio 2                      Fax.:    +39 040 676 3350    |
  | 34127 Trieste  ITALY               e-mail:  mbh at trieste.infn.it |
  |        www:  http://www.ts.infn.it/~mbh/MBHgeneral.html         |