Connectionist symbol processing: any progress?

Igor T. Podolak uipodola at jetta.if.uj.edu.pl
Tue Sep 15 11:53:05 EDT 1998

Arun Jagota and B. Garner wrote:

> *
> * It would be nice if some sort of a record of the "Connectionist
> * Symbol Processing" debate were to be produced and archived for
> * the benefit of the community.
> *
> I think this would be a good idea.. because there were so many
> interesting ideas expressed.

  I have done some homework towards it.  You can find a first
approach towards an archive of the discussion at my www home page

	http://www.ii.uj.edu.pl/~podolak

  With help of a Perl program I have moved all the emails into
separate html files, and the discussion is organized as a time
sorted liste, name sorted list, and a list of consecutive
postings starting with Dave Touretzky's email.  For ease of use
all the email addresses are turned into 'mailto:' links, and,
most important, all the given web adresses of various pages and
documents are turned into 'http:' links ready to use.

  In some places, where algorithms were described, the Perl
program made them harder to read, but I shall work on.

  Please email me if you find it usable.

					igor

Igor T. Podolak, PhD               phone (48 12) 6323355 ext 320
Computer Science Department        fax   (48 12) 6341865
Jagiellonian University            home  (48 12) 6331324
Nawojki 11, 30 072 Krakow, Poland
e-mail:uipodola at if.uj.edu.pl       http://www.ii.uj.edu.pl/~podolak/index.html