Postdoctoral positions

Frederic Alexandre Frederic.Alexandre at loria.fr
Thu Oct 1 05:01:19 EDT 1998

LORIA/INRIA Lorraine
computer science laboratory
in Nancy, France

Two postdoctoral positions are available for developping computational
neurosciences models in Nancy, France, from January to July 99.

Our team: the CORTEX team is developping connectionist models,
inspired with biology, for perception, reasoning and autonomous
behavior. Belonging to a computer science lab, our main goal is to
propose effective models for robotics, speech and image processing.

The two positions: they will insert in our two current projects: First
a model of hippocampus-cortex connections for the internal
representation of the environment; Second a model of the prefrontal
cortex for the intelligent exploitation of this representation
(strategy, planning).

The candidates: they should be well-trained in connectionist modeling,
first from a computer science point of view. Experience in robotics,
autonomous behavior and neurosciences would be highly appreciated.

For further information, contact:
Frederic ALEXANDRE                              Tel: (+33/0) 3 83 59 20 53
INRIA-Lorraine/LORIA-CNRS                       Fax: (+33/0) 3 83 41 30 79
BP 239                                          E-mail: falex at loria.fr
54506 Vandoeuvre-les-Nancy Cedex                http://www.loria.fr/~falex
FRANCE