Postdoc position available

Geoff Goodhill geoff at giccs.georgetown.edu
Mon Jul 6 12:51:47 EDT 1998

         POSTDOCTORAL POSITION - COMPUTATIONAL NEUROSCIENCE
   Georgetown Institute for Cognitive and Computational Sciences
                        Georgetown University
                            Washington DC

A postdoctoral position is available from August 1st 1998 in the lab
of Dr Geoff Goodhill for an NSF-funded project investigating models of
cortical map formation.  Experience in computational neuroscience and
knowledge of C/C++ is required. The position is for one year in the
first instance.

The aim of the project is to understand how genetic and
activity-dependent factors combine to determine map structure in
primary visual cortex. We have so far written a simulator in C++ /
OpenGL running on an SGI Octane workstation. We now plan to exploit
this simulator by using it to help reveal the key biological
parameters controlling map structure, and to guide appropriate
mathematical analyses.  More information about the lab can be found at

http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/labs/cns

Applicants should send a CV, a letter of interest, and names and
addresses (including email) of at least two referees to:

Dr Geoffrey J. Goodhill
Georgetown Institute for Cognitive and Computational Sciences
Georgetown University Medical Center
3970 Reservoir Road NW
Washington DC 20007
Tel: (202) 687 6889