Paper: Volatility Volatility of Financial Markets

Lester Ingber ingber at ingber.com
Mon Apr 13 13:54:19 EDT 1998

The paper markets98_vol.ps.Z [120K] is available at my InterNet archive:

          %A L. Ingber
          %A J.K. Wilson
          %T Volatility of volatility of financial markets
          %R DRW-98-1-VVFM
          %I DRW Investments LLC
          %C Chicago, IL
          %D 1998
          %O URL http://www.ingber.com/markets98_vol.ps.Z

          We   present   empirical   evidence   for   considering
          volatility  of  Eurodollar  futures  as  a   stochastic
          process,  requiring  a  generalization  of the standard
          Black-Scholes (BS) model which treats volatility  as  a
          constant.    We   use   a  previous  development  of  a
          statistical mechanics of financial  markets  (SMFM)  to
          model these issues.

                Instructions for Retrieval of Code and Reprints

                        Interactively Via WWW

The archive can be accessed via WWW path
        http://www.ingber.com/
        http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~ingber/
where the last address is a mirror homepage for the full archive.

                        Interactively Via Anonymous FTP

Code and reprints can be retrieved via anonymous ftp from
ftp.ingber.com.  Interactively [brackets signify machine prompts]:
        [your_machine%] ftp ftp.ingber.com
        [Name (...):] anonymous
        [Password:] your_e-mail_address
        [ftp>] binary
        [ftp>] ls
        [ftp>] get file_of_interest
        [ftp>] quit

The 00index file contains an index of the other files.  Files have the
same WWW and FTP paths under the main / directory; e.g.,
http://www.ingber.com/MISC.DIR/00index_misc and
ftp://ftp.ingber.com/MISC.DIR/00index_misc reference the same file.

                        Electronic Mail

If you do not have WWW or FTP access, get the Guide to Offline Internet
Access, returned by sending an e-mail to mail-server at rtfm.mit.edu with
only the words
        send usenet/news.answers/internet-services/access-via-email
in the body of the message.  The guide gives information on using
e-mail to access just about all InterNet information and documents.

                        Additional Information

Limited help assisting people with queries on my codes and papers is
available only by electronic mail correspondence.  Sorry, I cannot mail
out hardcopies of code or papers.

Lester <ingber at ingber.com>

 /* Lester Ingber                                 Lester Ingber Research *
  * ingber at ingber.com             http://www.ingber.com/  ftp.ingber.com *
  * ingber at alumni.caltech.edu     http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~ingber/ *
  * PO Box 06440    Wacker Dr PO - Sears Tower    Chicago, IL 60606-0440 */