1995 Citation Impact Factors

Lee Giles giles at research.nj.nec.com
Thu Sep 4 10:30:40 EDT 1997

Impact factor changes from year to year. It is worth comparing these to
those in the year 1994 (on my homepage). The 1996 citation reports are
not available yet.

These numbers come from the 1995 JCR (Journal Citation Reports);
for more details please see the Journal Citation Report.

The impact factor is a measure of the frequency with which the average
article in a journal has been cited for a particular year. This is a
normalized measure so that small and large journals can be compared.
For more details see Journal Citation Reports.

Below are impact factors for journals listed under Computer Science,
Artificial Intelligence.
(Note I have added in some additional journals that may be of interest
in AI.) The abbreviations are those used by JCR.

JOURNAL ABBREVIATION    IMPACT
                        FACTOR

COGNITIVE BRAIN RES     2.222
IEEE T PATTERN ANAL     1.940
NEURAL COMPUT           1.700
IEEE T NEURAL NETWOR    1.581
ARTIF INTELL            1.560
INT J COMPUT VISION     1.490
MACH LEARN              1.264
NEURAL NETWORKS         1.262
CHEMOMETR INTELL LAB    1.158
KNOWL ACQUIS            1.143
IEEE T ROBOTIC AUTOM    1.019
NETWORK-COMP NEURAL     0.950
AI MAG                  0.857
ARTIF INTELL MED        0.850
EXPERT SYST APPL        0.790
IEEE T KNOWL DATA EN    0.720
INT J APPROX REASON     0.630
PATTERN RECOGN          0.621
NEUROCOMPUTING          0.609
INT J INTELL SYST       0.606
IEEE EXPERT             0.597
IMAGE VISION COMPUT     0.484
DECIS SUPPORT SYST      0.442
APPL ARTIF INTELL       0.431
PATTERN RECOGN LETT     0.431
AI EDAM                 0.386
ENG APPL ARTIF INTEL    0.295
J AUTOM REASONING       0.247
J EXP THEOR ARTIF IN    0.238
ARTIF INTELL ENG        0.226
INT J SOFTW ENG KNOW    0.212
KNOWL-BASED SYST        0.167
ARTIF INTELL REV        0.114
AI APPLICATIONS         0.089
J INTELL ROBOT SYST     0.086
J INTELL MANUF          0.063
APPL INTELL             0.050
COMUT ARTIF INTELL      0.045
AVTOM VYCHISL TEKH+     0.044
NEURAL PROCESS LETT     0.000

On my homepage I have the 1994 citation impact factors for AI and
AI related journals plus some other citation impact factors for
other journal catagories.

This information is copyrighted by Journal Citation Reports.

Regards

Lee Giles

__
C. Lee Giles / Computer Science / NEC Research Institute /
4 Independence Way / Princeton, NJ 08540, USA / 609-951-2642 / Fax 2482
www.neci.nj.nec.com/homepages/giles.html
==