Network: CNS, Table of Contents, Vol. 8, 1,97

Joseph Atick atick at monaco.rockefeller.edu
Fri Jan 24 11:56:11 EST 1997

		Network: Computation in Neural Systems
			Table of Contents
			Volume 8, 1, 1997

As you may know, the journal has adopted incremental publishing in its online
edition, which means a paper is immediately published as soon as it is accepted
and processed. Every 3 months we finalize an issue for archival reasons
and issue a table of contents.

Online journal and information can be found at

		http://www.iop.org/Journals/ne

(limited access to non-subcribers, access to full length articles
to insitutional subscribers)

Table of contents of latest issue:
%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Editorial: Thank you to all our referees

TOPICAL REVIEW

R1
On the use of computation in modelling behaviour
F van der Velde

PAPERS

1
Nitric oxide: what can it compute?
B Krekelberg and J G Taylor

17
Analysis of ocular dominance pattern formation in a high-dimensional
self-organizing-map model
H-U Bauer, D Brockmann and T Geisel

35
Capacity and information efficiency of the associative net
B Graham and D Willshaw

55
A neural net model of the adaptation of binocular vertical eye alignment
J W McCandless and C M Schor

71
Quality and efficiency of retrieval for Willshaw-like autoassociative
networks: III. Willshaw--Potts model
A Kartashov, A Frolov, A Goltsev and R Folk

87
Stereo vision using a microcanonical mean field annealing neural network
Jeng-Sheng Huang and Hsiao-Chung Liu

104
Abstracts of Topical reviews published during 1996
Mutual information maximization: models of cortical self-organization
S. Becker

The development of topography in the visual cortex: a review of models
N. Swindale

Auditory cortical representation of complex acoustiv spectra as
inferred from the ripple analysis method
S. Shamma

Human colour perception and its adaptation
M. Webster
%%%%%%%%%%
		    Coming up in the May issue

(1) Metric-space analysis of spike trains: theory, algorithm and application

Jonathon Victor, & Keith Purpura

(2) A neural model of the stroboscopic alternative motion

A Bartschl and J L van Hemmen

and much much more...

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Network:CNS would like to welcome its new editorial board:

Larry Abott, Brandeis
Peter Dayan, MIT
Peter Hancock, University of Stirling
David Heeger, Stanford University
Leo van Hemmen, University of Munich
Tony Movshon, NYU
Markus Meister, Harvard
Dan Ruderman, Salk Insitute
Jonathon Victor, Cornell Univeristy
David Willshaw, University of Edinburgh

As always, we are happy to hear your suggestions and receive
your submissions. We hope to continue to make Network:CNS an
indispensible research tool for the computational and neuroscience
community.

Best regards
joseph atick
Editor-in-chief