Career Opportunity for Senior Research Scientist

pe_keller@ccmail.pnl.gov pe_keller at ccmail.pnl.gov
Fri Sep 20 22:28:00 EDT 1996

                 Senior Research Scientist
                    Cognitive Controls

Battelle, a leading provider of technology solutions, has immediate need
for a Senior Scientist to join their cognitive controls initiative.
Position will provide technical leadership for a multi-year corporate
project applying adaptive/cognitive control theory to applications in
emerging technology areas.

Position requires an M.S./Ph.D. in Computer and Information Science,
Electrical Engineering, or related field with a specialization in adaptive
or cognitive control theory (artificial neural networks, fuzzy logic,
genetic algorithms) and statistical methods, and at least 5 years'
experience in the application of such control methods to engineering
problems.  Strong leadership capabilities and oral, written, and
interpersonal communications skills are essential to this highly
interactive position.  Applicant selected will be subject to a security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to
classified information.

Battelle offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and
opportunities for professional development.  Qualified candidates are
invited to send their resumes to: Employment Department J-35, Battelle, 505
King Avenue, Columbus, OH 43201-2693 or fax them to 614-424-4643.

An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V

This opening is in our Columbus, Ohio, USA facility.  For more information
about Battelle, try http://www.battelle.org.  For more information about
our neural network activity at our Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
(in Richland, Washington, USA), try
http://www.emsl.pnl.gov:2080/docs/cie/neural/