sensitivity analysis and relevance

Pi\"erre van de Laar pierre at mbfys.kun.nl
Thu May 30 04:44:12 EDT 1996

Dear Connectionists,

I am interested in methods which perform
sensitivity analysis and/or relevance determination of input fields,
and especially methods which use neural networks.
Although I have already found a number of references (see end of mail),
I expect that this list is not complete.
Any further references would be highly appreciated.

As usual a summary of all replies will be posted in about a month.

Thanks in advance,

       Pi\"erre van de Laar
       Department of Medical Physics and Biophysics
       University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
       mailto:pierre at mbfys.kun.nl
       http://www.mbfys.kun.nl/~pierre/

Aldrich, C. and van Deventer, J.S.J., Modelling of Induced Aeration in
Turbine Aerators by
 Use of Radial Basis Function Neural Networks, The Canadian Journal of
Chemical Engineerin
g 73(6):808-816, 1995.

Boritz, J. Efrim and Kennedy, Duane B., Effectiveness of Neural Network
Types for Predicti
on of Business Failure, Expert Systems With Applications, 9(4):503-512,
1995.

Hammitt, A.M. and Bartlett, E.B., Determining Functional Relationships
from trained neural
 networks, Mathematical and Computer Modelling 22(3):83-103, 1995.

Korthals, R.L. and Hahn, G.L. and Nienaber, J.A., Evaluation of Neural
Networks as a tool
for management of swine environments, Transactions of the American
Society of Agricultural
 Engineers 37(4):1295-1299, 1994.

Lacroix, R. and Wade, K.M. and Kok, R. and Hayes, J.F., Prediction of
cow performance with
 a connectionist model, Transactions of the American Society of
Agricultural
 Engineers 38(5):1573-1579, 1995.

MacKay, David J.C., Probable networks and plausible predictions - a
review of pratical Bay
esian methods for supervised neural networks, Network: Computation in
Neural Systems 6(3):
469-505, 1995.

Neal, Radford M., Bayesian Learning for neural networks, Dept. of
Computer Science, Univer
sity of Toronto, 1994.

Oh, Sang-Hoon and Lee, Youngjik, Sensitivity Analysis of Single
Hidden-Layer Neural Networ
ks with Threshold Functions, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks
6(4):1005-1007, 1995.

Naimimohasses, R. and Barnett, D.M. and Green, D.A. and Smith, P.R.,
Sensor optimization u
sing neural network sensitivity measures, Measurement science &
technology 6(9):1291-1300,
 1995.

BrainMaker Professional: User's Guide and Reference Manual, 4th edition,
California Scient
ific Software, Nevada City, Chapter 10, 48-59, 1993.