Paper available: Upper and lower bounds on likelihoods

Tommi Jaakkola tommi at psyche.mit.edu
Mon Mar 11 14:28:07 EST 1996

The following paper is available on the web at

http://web.mit.edu/~tommi/home.html
ftp://psyche.mit.edu/pub/tommi/jaak-ul-bounds.ps.Z

    Computing upper and lower bounds on likelihoods in
                intractable networks

          T. S. Jaakkola and M. I. Jordan

We present techniques for computing upper and lower bounds on the
likelihoods of partial instantiations of variables in sigmoid and
noisy-OR networks. The bounds determine confidence intervals for the
desired likelihoods and become useful when the size of the network (or
clique size) precludes exact computations. We illustrate the tightness
of the obtained bounds by numerical experiments.

-Tommi

---------
The paper can be retrieved also via anonymous ftp:

ftp-host: psyche.mit.edu
ftp-file: pub/tommi/jaak-ul-bounds.ps.Z