Paper

Subhash Kak kak at ee.lsu.edu
Fri Feb 23 18:55:23 EST 1996

The following paper

ON BIOLOGICAL CYCLES AND INTELLIGENCE

By  Subhash C. Kak

may be obtained by ftp from the following location:

ftp://gate.ee.lsu.edu/pub/kak/bio.ps.Z

Abstract:

If intelligence is taken as a measure of the organism's ability
to adapt to its environment, the question of the organism's
sensitivity to the rhythms of the environment becomes important.
In this paper we provide a summary, including a brief historical
resume, of this question of timing. We arge that artificial
connectionist systems designed to range in natural environments will
have to incorporate a system of inner clocks.