Neuroprose paper announcement

Dingankar ajit at austin.ibm.com
Wed Apr 17 12:37:52 EDT 1996

**DO NOT FORWARD TO OTHER GROUPS**
Sorry, no hardcopies available.
4 pages.

	Greetings!

	The following invited paper will be presented at ISCAS in May
1996.  The compressed PostScript file is available in the Neuroprose
archive; the details (URL, bibtex entry and abstract) follow.

	Thanks,
	Ajit

BiBTeX entry:
@INPROCEEDINGS{atd:iscas-96,
	AUTHOR		="Dingankar, Ajit T. and Sandberg, Irwin W.",
	TITLE		="{Tensor Product Neural Networks and
		 Approximation of Dynamical Systems}",
	BOOKTITLE	="Proceedings of the International Symposium
		 on Circuits and Systems",
	YEAR		="1996",
	EDITOR		="",
	PAGES		="",
	ORGANIZATION	="",
	PUBLISHER	="",
	ADDRESS		="Atlanta, Georgia",
	MONTH		="May 13--15"
}

     Tensor Product Neural Networks and Approximation of Dynamical Systems
				ABSTRACT
	We consider the problem of approximating any member of a large
class of input-output operators of nonlinear dynamical systems.  The
systems need not be shift invariant, and the system inputs need not be
continuous.  We introduce a family of ``tensor product'' dynamical
neural networks, and show that a certain continuity condition is
necessary and sufficient for the existence of arbitrarily good
approximations using this family.