Boston area job at PHZ modeling financial markets

PHZ Recruiting recruit at phz.com
Wed Apr 10 11:54:46 EDT 1996

         Applied research position available immediately
                             in
       NONLINEAR STATISTICAL MODELING OF FINANCIAL MARKETS
                             at
                   PHZ CAPITAL PARTNERS LP

PHZ is a small Boston area startup company founded in 1993 which
manages client money using proprietary statistical models to invest in
global securities markets. The principals are Tomaso Poggio, Jim
Hutchinson, and Xiru Zhang. Following an equity investment by one of
the world's largest futures trading manager firms, PHZ is seeking a
person to join our team and expand our trading system development
efforts.

The successful applicant for this position will have a M.S. or
Ph.D. in statistics, computer science, finance, or a related field.
Experience with advanced statistical modeling tools, large real world
data sets, and software development on PCs and Unix systems
(esp. using C/C++ and statistics languages such as S+ or SAS) is
highly desirable; working knowledge of financial markets is also a
plus. Depending on candidate interests and skills, this postion will
involve or lead into basic research and application of sophisticated
model development tools, exploratory data gathering and analysis,
development of our trading and risk management software platform,
and/or trading and monitoring live models.

The growth potential of this position is large, both in terms of
responsibilities and compensation. Initial compensation will be
competitive based on qualifications, possibly including stock
options. Interested applicants should email resumes (ascii or
postscript) to recruiting at phz.com, or send by US mail to:

Attn: Recruiting
PHZ Capital Partners LP
111 Speen St, Suite 313