NNSYSID toolbox available

Magnus Norgaard pmn at iau.dtu.dk
Wed Oct 11 11:50:53 EDT 1995

-------------------------------
ANNOUNCING: THE NNSYSID TOOLBOX
-------------------------------

                            Neural Network Based
                        System Identification Toolbox
                           for use with MATLAB(r)

                                Version 1.0

                              Magnus Norgaard
                          Institute of Automation,
                       Connect/Electronics Institute,
                     Institute of Mathematical Modeling
                       Technical University of Denmark
                               Oct. 4, 1995

The NNSYSID toolbox is a set of freeware tools for neural network based
identification of nonlinear dynamic systems. The toolbox contains a number of
m and MEX-files for training and evaluation of multilayer perceptron type
neural networks within the MATLAB environment. There are functions for
training ordinary feedforward networks as well as for identification of
nonlinear dynamic systems and for time-series analysis. The toolbox requires
at least MATLAB 4.2 with the signal processing toolbox, but it works completely
independently of the neural network and system identification toolboxes provided
by The MathWorks, Inc.

WHAT THE TOOLBOX CONTAINS:

o  Fast, robust, and easy-to-use training algorithms.
o  A number of different model structures for modelling dynamic systems.
o  Validation of trained networks.
o  Estimation of generalization ability.
o  Algorithms for determination of the optimal network architecture by pruning.
o  Demonstration programs.

HOW TO GET IT:

The toolbox can be obtained in one of the following ways:

o WWW:
     URL adress: http://kalman.iau.dtu.dk/Projects/proj/nnsysid.html

     zip was used for compressing the toolbox. You must have
     unzip (UNIX) or pkunzip (DOS) to unpack it.