"Network Approximation of Dynamical Systems" - Neuroprose paper

Dingankar ajit at austin.ibm.com
Wed Nov 29 14:46:04 EST 1995

**DO NOT FORWARD TO OTHER GROUPS**
Sorry, no hardcopies available.
6 pages.

	Greetings!

	The following invited paper will be presented at NOLTA'95 next
month.  The compressed PostScript file is available in the Neuroprose
archive; the details (URL, bibtex entry and abstract) follow.

	Thanks,
	Ajit

BiBTeX entry:
@INPROCEEDINGS{atd:nolta-95,
	AUTHOR		="Dingankar, Ajit T. and Sandberg, Irwin W.",
	TITLE		="{Network Approximation of Dynamical Systems}",
	BOOKTITLE	="Proceedings of the International Symposium
		 on Nonlinear Theory and its Applications (NOLTA'95)",
	YEAR		="1995",
	EDITOR		="",
	PAGES		="",
	ORGANIZATION	="",
	PUBLISHER	="",
	ADDRESS		="Las Vegas, Nevada",
	MONTH		="December 10--14"
}

		Network Approximation of Dynamical Systems
				ABSTRACT
	We consider the problem of approximating any member of a large
class of input-output operators of time-varying nonlinear dynamical
systems.  We introduce a family of ``tensor product" dynamical neural
networks, and show that a certain continuity condition is necessary
and sufficient for the existence of arbitrarily good approximations
using this family.

Ajit T. Dingankar			|		ajit at austin.ibm.com
IBM Corporation, Internal Zip 4359	|		Work: (512) 838-6850
11400 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758	|		Fax : (512) 838-5882