paper: Statistical mechanics ... short-term memory

Lester Ingber ingber at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon May 22 10:47:23 EDT 1995

The following paper, appearing this month in Phys Rev E, is available
via anonymous ftp.

%A L. Ingber
%A P.L. Nunez
%T Statistical mechanics of neocortical interactions:
High resolution path-integral calculation of short-term memory
%J Phys. Rev. E
%V 51
%N 5
%P 5074-5083
%D 1995

  Statistical mechanics of neocortical interactions:
 High resolution path-integral calculation of short-term memory

                     Lester Ingber
                Lester Ingber Research
         P.O. Box 857, McLean, Virginia 22101
               ingber at alumni.caltech.edu

                          and

                     Paul L. Nunez
         Department of Biomedical Engineering
    Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana 70118
                  pln at bmen.tulane.edu

We   present  high-resolution  path-integral  calculations  of  a
previously developed model of  short-term  memory  in  neocortex.
These  calculations,  made possible with supercomputer resources,
supplant similar calculations made in L. Ingber, Phys. Rev. E 49,
4652  (1994),  and  support  coarser estimates made in L. Ingber,
Phys. Rev.  A  29,  3346  (1984).   We  also  present  a  current
experimental  context  for  the  relevance  of these calculations
using  the  approach  of  statistical  mechanics  of  neocortical
interactions,      especially      in      the     context     of
electroencephalographic data.

Interactively [brackets signify machine prompts]:
   [your_machine%] ftp ftp.alumni.caltech.edu
   [Name (...):] anonymous
   [Password:] your_e-mail_address
   [ftp>] cd pub/ingber
   [ftp>] binary
   [ftp>] ls
   [ftp>] get smni95_stm.ps.Z
   [ftp>] quit
The 00index file contains an index of the  other  files.

This archive also can be accessed via WWW path
http://alumni.caltech.edu/~ingber/

If you do not have ftp access, get information on the FTPmail service
by: mail ftpmail at decwrl.dec.com, and send only the word "help" in the
body of the message.

Sorry, I cannot assume the task of mailing out hardcopies of code or
papers.  My volunteer time assisting people with their queries on my
codes and papers must be limited to electronic mail correspondence.

--
/*             RESEARCH                 E-Mail: ingber at alumni.caltech.edu *
 *       INGBER                   WWW: http://alumni.caltech.edu/~ingber/ *