No subject

Ron Sun rsun at cs.ua.edu
Wed May 10 14:17:14 EDT 1995

In relation to the workshop

>                      The IJCAI Workshop on
>                   Connectionist-Symbolic Integration:
>                      From Unified to Hybrid Approaches
>
>                        to be held at IJCAI'95
>                          Montreal, Canada
>                          August 19-20, 1995

I  like to  update a bibliography of work on connectionist-symbolic
integration.

About two years ago, I solicited input from this mailing list
and compiled a bibliography on the above topic (available in Neuroprose).
However, since then,
there has been a considerable amount of new developments that need
to be collected and categorized. Therefore, I want to update
(and re-compile) that bibliography.

Please send me any of the followings:
  -- New  publications since Spring 1993
  -- Earlier publications that were inadvertently omitted in the
      the current bibliography
  -- Lists of your own publications in this area, preferably annotated
     (if they are not already in the bibliography).

My e-mail address is:
 rsun at cs.ua.edu

If you have hardcopies that you can send me, here is my address:
Dr. Ron Sun
Department of Computer Science
The University of Alabama
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
(205) 348-6363

Your help is greatly appreciated.
However, the decision whether to include
a paper or not in the bibliography is solely the responsibility of the editor.

---Ron

p.s.

---------
The previous bibliography (36 pages) on connectionist models with
symbolic processing is available in neuroprose.
To get a copy of the bibliography, use FTP as follows:
        unix> ftp archive.cis.ohio-state.edu (or 128.146.8.52)
        Name: anonymous
        Password:
        ftp> cd pub/neuroprose
        ftp> binary
        ftp> get sun.nn-sp-bib.ps.Z
        ftp> quit
        unix> uncompress sun.nn-sp-bib.ps.Z
        unix> lpr sun.nn-sp-bib.ps (or however you print postscript)

A clean-up version of the bibliography is published in the book:
  Ron Sun and Larry Bookman. (eds.)
  Computational Architectures Integrating Neural and Symbolic Processes.
  Kluwer Academic Publishers. 1994.