computational neuroscience course syllabus

Dave_Touretzky@DST.BOLTZ.CS.CMU.EDU Dave_Touretzky at DST.BOLTZ.CS.CMU.EDU
Fri May 5 00:34:26 EDT 1995

This term I introduced a new course at CMU called Computational Models of
Neural Systems.  The course looked at neurobiological structures where the
anatomy and phsiology are sufficiently well known that we can form explicit
theories about how they represent and process information, and test those
theories with computer simulations.  Examples include the hippocampus,
piriform cortex, parietal cortex, cerebellum, and early stages of the
visual system.

The course syllabus is available online at:

  http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/pubs/cmns-syllabus.ps.gz

or via anonymous FTP:

  FTP-host: ftp.cs.cmu.edu
  FTP-path: /afs/cs/usr/dst/www/pubs/cmns-syllabus.ps.gz

The URL for the course Web page is:

  http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/academic/class/15880b-s95/Web/home.html

I would be pleased to receive comments on the syllabus, suggestions for
additional or alternate readings, and pointers to syllabi that other people
have developed for similar courses.

Thanks to the following people for help with suggesting and/or supplying
readings: Jim Bower, Jay Buckingham, Mike Hasselmo, Yi-Jen Lin, Randy
O'Reilly, David Redish, Lisa Saksida, David Willshaw, and Rich Zemel.

-- Dave Touretzky