Combining multiple estimates

Ruggero Milanese milanese at cui.unige.ch
Fri Jun 23 09:28:58 EDT 1995

Hello,

I am interested in computing the trajectory and the velocity parameters
of objects moving in the camera field of view, combining classical computer
vision and neural network algorithms. I have several measures/estimates of
the motion parameters, extracted through different methods.
I am interested in combining these estimates in order to obtain a
"combined-estimate" which is closer to the "real values".

So far, I have found the following papers that seem relevant to this problem:

	- "Combining estimators using non-constant weighting functions",
	by V. Tresp and M. Taniguchi, Advances in Neural Information
	Processing Systems 7, MIT Press, 1995.

	- "Multitarget-Multisensor Tracking: Advanced Applications", editor
	Bar-Shalom, Artech House, 1990.

	- "Optimal linear combination of neural networks", PhD. Thesis
	Sh. Hashem, 1993.

Could anyone please give me any other pointers or suggest alternative
approaches that possibly use non-constant weighting functions?

Please send replies to:

  Sylvia Gil                             Dept. of Computer Science
  E-mail: gil at cui.unige.ch               University of Geneva
  Phone:  +41 (22) 705-7628              24, rue du General Dufour
  Fax:    +41 (22) 705-7780              1211 Geneva 4
  http://cuiwww.unige.ch                 Switzerland

Thank you a lot.

-Ruggero Milanese
 University of Geneva, Switzerland