EP96 Change in Tech Chairs

Peter J. Angeline pja at lfs.loral.com
Thu Jul 13 13:45:04 EDT 1995

ECers Everywhere,

EP96 had a minor reorgnization. Please note that the addresses for sending
submissions to the conference are down to 2 now! Submissions are due to one of
the technical chairs by September 26th.

Pete Angeline
Thomas Baeck

**********************

				     EP96

	    The Fifth Annual Conference On Evolutionary Programming
			 February 29 to March 3, 1996
			 Sheraton Harbor Island Hotel
			      San Diego, CA, USA

				 Sponsored by
		     The Evolutionary Programming Society

The Fifth Annual Conference on Evolutionary Programming will serve as a
forum for researchers investigating applications and theory of evolutionary
programming and other related areas in evolutionary and natural
computation.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to the use of evolutionary
simulations in optimization, neural network training and design, automatic
control, image processing, and other applications, as well as mathematical
theory or empirical analysis providing insight into the behavior of such
algorithms. Of particular interest are applications of simulated evolution to
problems in biology.

			     Conference Committee
       General Chairman: Lawrence J. Fogel, Natural Selection, Inc.

			 Technical Program Co-Chairs:
		   Peter J. Angeline, Loral Federal Systems

		   Thomas Baeck, Informatik Centrum Dortmund

	     Finance Chair: V. William Porto, Orincon Corporation
Local Arrangements: Ward Page, Naval Command Control and Ocean Surveillance
Center

   Conference World Wide Web Page: http://www.aic.nrl.navy.mil/galist/EP96/

Submission Information
Authors are invited to submit papers which describe original
unpublished research in evolutionary programming, evolution strategies, genetic
algorithms and genetic programming, artificial life, cultural algorithms, and
other models that rely on evolutionary principles.  Specific topics include but
are not limited to the use of evolutionary simulations in optimization, neural
network training and design, automatic control, image processing, and other
applications, as well as mathematical theory or empirical analysis providing
insight into the behavior of such algorithms. Of particular interest are
applications of simulated evolution to problems in biology.

Hardcopies of manuscripts must be received by one of the technical program
co-chairs by September 26, 1995. Electronic submissions cannot be accepted.
Papers should be clear, concise, and written in English.  Papers received after
the deadline will be handled on a time- and space-available basis.  The
notification of the program committee's review decision will be mailed by
November 30, 1995.  Papers eligible for the student award must be marked
appropriately for consideration (see below). Camera ready papers are due at the
conference, and will be published shortly after its completion.  Submissions
should be single-spaced, 12 pt. font and should not exceed 15 pages including
figures and references. Send five (5) copies of the complete paper to:

In Europe:	Thomas Baeck
		Informatik Centrum Dortmund
		Joseph-von-Fraunhofer-Str. 20
		D-44227 Dortmund
		Germany
		Email: baeck at home.informatik.uni-dortmund.de

In US:		Peter J. Angeline
		Loral Federal Systems
		1801 State Route 17C
		Mail Drop 0210
		Owego, NY 13827
		Email: pja at lfs.loral.com

Authors outside Europe or the United States may send their paper to any of the
above technical chairmen at their convenience.

Evolutionary Programming Society Award for Best Student Paper

In order to foster student contributions and encourage exceptional scholarship
in evolutionary programming and closely related fields, the Evolutionary
Programming Society awards one exceptional student paper submitted to the
Annual Conference on Evolutionary Programming. The award carries a $500 cash
prize and a plaque signifying the honor.

To be eligible for the award, all authors of the paper must be full-time
students at an accredited college, university or other educational
institution. Submissions to be considered for this award must be clearly marked
at the top of the title page with the phrase "CONSIDER FOR STUDENT AWARD." In
addition, the paper should be accompanied by a cover letter stating that (1)
the paper is to be considered for the student award (2) all authors are
currently enrolled full-time students at a university, college or other
educational institution, and (3) that the student authors are responsible for
the work presented. Only papers submitted to the conference and marked as
indicated will be considered for the award. Late submissions will not be
considered. Officers of the Evolutionary Programming Society, students under
their immediate supervision, and their immediate family members are not
eligible.

Judging will be made by officers of the Evolutionary Programming Society or by
an Awards Committee appointed by the president.  Judging will be based on the
perceived technical merit of the student's research to the field of
evolutionary programming, and more broadly to the understanding of
self-organizing systems. The Evolutionary Programming Society and/or the Awards
Committee reserves the right not to give an award in any year if no eligible
student paper is deemed to be of award quality. Presentation of the Student
Paper Award will be made at the conference.

Important Dates
---------------
September 26, 1995 - Submission deadline for papers
November  30, 1995 - Notification sent to authors
February  29, 1996 - Conference Begins

Program Committee:
 J. L. Breeden,    Santa Fe Institute
 M. Conrad,        Wayne State University
 K. A. De Jong,    George Mason University
 T. M. English,    Texas Tech University
 D. B. Fogel,      Natural Selection, Inc.
 G. B. Fogel,      University of California at Los Angeles
 R. Galar,         Technical University of Wroclaw
 P. G. Harrald,    University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology
 K. E. Kinnear,    Adaptive Systems
 J. R. McDonnell,  Naval Command Control and Ocean Surveillance Center
 Z. Michalewicz,   University of North Carolina
 F. Palmieri,      University of Connecticut
 R. G. Reynolds,   Wayne State University
 S. H. Rubin,      Central Michigan University
 G. Rudolph,       University of Dortmund
 N. Saravanan,     Ford Research
 H.-P. Schwefel,   University of Dortmund
 A. V. Sebald,     University of California at San Diego
 W. M. Spears,     Naval Research Labs
 D. E. Waagen,     TRW Systems Integration Group

| Peter J. Angeline, PhD        |                                            |
| Advanced Technologies Dept.   |                                            |
| Loral Federal Systems         |                                            |
| State Route 17C               |       I have nothing to say,               |
| Mail Drop 0210                |               and I am saying it.          |
| Owego, NY 13827-3994          |                                            |
| Voice: (607)751-4109          |                               - John Cage  |
| Fax: (607)751-6025            |                                            |
| Email: pja at lfs.loral.com      |                                            |

		Email: baeck at home.informatik.uni-dortmund.de

In US:		Peter J. Angeline
		Loral Federal Systems