The Handbook of Brain Theory and Neural Networks

Michael A. Arbib arbib at pollux.usc.edu
Tue Jul 4 16:03:28 EDT 1995

In an earlier posting, the following paragraph was garbled:

The heart of the book, Part III, is comprised
of 266 original articles by leaders in the various fields, arranged
alphabetically by title.    Parts I and II, written by the editor,
are designed to help readers orient themselves to this vast range of material.

PART I - BACKGROUND introduces several basic neural models,
explains how the present study of Brain Theory and  Neural
Networks integrates brain theory, artificial intelligence, and
cognitive psychology, and provides a tutorial on the concepts
essential for understanding neural networks as dynamic, adaptive
systems.

PART II - ROAD MAPS provides an entre into the many articles
of Part III via an introductory "Meta-Map" and twenty-three road maps
each of which provide a tour of all the Part III article on the chosen theme.

****

Here is additional information that has been requested by a number of
individuals:

The ISBN is 0-262-01148-4

The book can be ordered from The MIT Press:

For orders:
mitpress-orders at mit.edu
For inquiries:
mitpress-orders-inq at mit.edu
General information and order forms:
http://www-mitpress.mit.edu

PS.  The list price is $150 till September 30, then $175.

*****

Michael A. Arbib
Center for Neural Engineering
USC