Workshop on Soft Computing Methods for Pattern Recognition

Ethem Alpaydin alpaydin at boun.edu.tr
Mon Jan 23 10:14:52 EST 1995

Dear collegue,

SOCO'95, the "International ICSC Symposium on Soft Computing: Fuzzy
Logic, Artificial Neural Networks and Genetic Algorithms", is to be
held at the Rochester Intitute of Technology, Rochester, New York, USA,
October 24-27, 1995. We intend to organize an half a day workshop on
"Soft Computing Methods for Pattern Recognition" within SOCO'95.

The target of  the  workshop we are proposing, is the cross-fertilization
of complementary approaches to pattern recognition based on classical methods,
knowledge-based systems, neural networks, fuzzy theory, probabilistic
reasoning, genetic algorithms, etc.

In case that you are interested in submitting a paper, please contact
us as soon as possible stating the tentative title of your paper,
and 5 key-words. We will send to you  more instructions for the  500
words abstract  to be sent  by February 28, 1995.

Please indicate your postal address and fax on your submission.

We can send you more information on SOCO'95 at your request.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Sincerely,

F. Masulli and E. Alpaydin

Dr. Francesco Masulli			Dr. Ethem Alpaydin
University of Genoa			Bogazici University
Department of Physics			Department of Computer Engineering
Via Dodecaneso 33			TR-80815 Istanbul Turkey
16146 Genova Italy
Voice	: +39 10 353 6297		Voice   : +90 212 263-1540 x 1862
Fax	: +39 10 362 2790		Fax     : +90 212 265-8488
Email	: masulli at genova.infn.it	Email   : alpaydin at boun.edu.tr