TR available

perso@DI.UniPi.IT perso at DI.UniPi.IT
Tue Jan 10 11:08:04 EST 1995

Technical Report available:

Comments are welcome !!

* FTP-host: ftp.di.unipi.it
  FTP-filename: pub/Papers/perso/SPERDUTI/lraam-3.ps.Z

 @TECHREPORT{lraam-3,
 AUTHOR = {A. Sperduti and A. Starita},
 TITLE = {Dynamical Neural Networks Construction for Processing of
  Labeled Structures},
 INSTITUTION = {Dipartimento di Informatica, Universit\`{a} di Pisa},
 YEAR = {1995},
 NUMBER = {TR-1/95} }

Abstract:

We show how Labeling RAAM (LRAAM) can be exploited to generate
`on the fly' neural networks for associative access of labeled
structures.  The topology of these networks, that we call
Generalized Hopfield Networks (GHN), depends on the topology of
the {\it query} used to retrieve information, and the weights
on the networks' connections are the weights of the LRAAM encoding
the structures. A method for incremental discovering of multiple
solutions to a given query is presented. This method is based on
{\it terminal repellers}, which are used to `delete' known solutions
from the set of admissible solutions to a query. Terminal repellers
are also used to implement exceptions at query level, i.e., when a
solution to a query must satisfy some negative constraints on the
labels and/or substructures. Besides, the proposed model solves very
naturally the connectionist variable binding problem at query level.
Some results for a tree-like query are presented. Finally, we define
a parallel mode of execution, exploiting terminal repellers, for the
GHN, and we propose to use terminal attractors for implementing
shared variables and graph queries.

* No hardcopy available.

* FTP procedure:
        unix> ftp ftp.di.unipi.it
        Name: anonymous
        Password:
        ftp> cd pub/Papers/perso/SPERDUTI
        ftp> binary
        ftp> get lraam-3.ps.Z
        ftp> bye
        unix> uncompress lraam-3.ps.Z
        unix> lpr lraam-3.ps (or however you print postscript)

Alessandro Sperduti

Dipartimento di Informatica,
Corso Italia 40,                             Phone: +39-50-887248
56125 Pisa,                                  Fax:   +39-50-887226
ITALY                                   E-mail: perso2di.unipi.it