No subject

byuhas@ucs.att.com byuhas at ucs.att.com
Thu Aug 17 15:14:18 EDT 1995

     ************          PLEASE DO NOT REPOST              **************

     JOB OPPORTUNITY: NEURAL NETWORK FINANCIAL APPLICATIONS

     An opportunity exists for someone interested in applying
     neural networks to problems in the credit-card industry,
     including:risk modeling, marketing, fraud detection and
     related areas.

     This neural network effort will coincide with two other groups:
     one using more traditional statistical approaches and the
     other using AI and expert systems. Our goal is to combine and
     compare these methods to achieve the best possible results.

     Many of the problems we are interested in have two characteristics:
        1) two-class discrimination is often the primary goal,
           with one class being significantly more prevalent than the other
        2) huge amounts of data are available for modeling

     To be successful,  candidate should  have significant experience
     applying neural networks and be able to develop and implement novel
     algorithms, specialized error criteria and  lever learning strategies
     to attack these problems.

     Qualifications of interest are:
             * a Masters degree, with a Ph.D. preferred
             * knowledge and experience with neural network modeling
             * 'C' programming in a UNIX environment
             * experience with SAS or S-Plus

     Compensation is competitive if not generous.
     ATT-UCS is located about 12 miles from the beach, just south of
     Jacksonville, FL. (The #1 medium-size city in Money's best
     places to live list out this week. )

     If you have any questions or want to apply, you can contact me by:

        email:   byuhas at ucs.att.com
            or   phone:    904-954-7376
            or   fax:      904-954-8718.
            or                  Ben Yuhas