Graduate Study at Rutgers/NJ in Cognitive & Computational Neuroscience

Mark Gluck gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu
Fri Sep 30 09:50:20 EDT 1994

To: Students considering graduate study in Cognitive Neuroscience
    and/or Computational Neuroscience.

The Center for Molecular & Behavioral Neuroscience at Rutgers
University (the State Univ. of New Jersey) is a leading center for
research in Cognitive Neuroscience and Computational Neuroscience. The
Center offers a Ph.D. in "Behavioral & Neural Sciences" and emphasizes
integration between levels of analysis (i.e., behavioral & biological)
and across traditional interdisciplinary boundaries. The Center is one
of the leading places in this country for the study of the neural bases
of higher-cortical function (cognition) in humans, including labs
devoted to memory, language, speech, motor-control, and vision. We also
have a strong computational program for students interested in pursuing
neural-network models as a tool for understanding psychological and
biological issues.

The Rutgers-Newark campus (as distinct from the New Brunswick campus),
is 20 minutes outside New York City, and close to other major
university research centers at NYU, Columbia, and Princeton, as well as
major industrial research labs in Northern NJ, including ATT, Bellcore,
Siemens, and NEC.

My own research concerns the neural and behavioral bases of learning
and memory. Our work is focussed on the development of computational
models of cortico-hippocampal function, and the testing of these
models in both animals and human amnesics patient populations.

If you are interested in applying to our graduate program, or possibly
applying to one of the labs as paid research assistant or programmer,
please email me at gluck at pavlov.rutgers.edu and I will be happy to send
you info on our research and graduate program, as well as set up an a
possible visit to the Neuroscience Center here at Rutgers-Newark.

- Mark Gluck

Dr. Mark A. Gluck
Center for Molecular & Behavioral Neuroscience
Rutgers University
197 University Ave.
Newark, New Jersey  07102

        Phone:  (201) 648-1080 (Ext. 3221)