No subject

Subhash Kak kak at gate.ee.lsu.edu
Thu Apr 28 10:46:06 EDT 1994

The following report (a revision of an earlier report)
is now available as a postscript file. If you
would like for me to email you a copy, do let me know.

Can We Build A Quantum Neural Computer?

by  Subhash Kak

Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-5901, USA

Technical Report: ECE/LSU 92-13; 94-42
December 15, 1992; Revised April 26, 1994

 Abstract:

 Hitherto computers have been designed based on classical laws.
 We consider the question of building a quantum neural computer and
 speculate on its computing power.  We argue that such a computer
 could have the potential to solve artificial intelligence problems.
 It is also shown that information is not locally additive in a quantum
 computational paradigm. This is demonstrated by considering an
 informational-theoretic analysis of the EPR experiment. Non-additivity
 of information in biological processing would be one piece of
 evidence establishing that consciousness should be modelled using a
 quantum theory.