world congress

Marcelo de Carvalho Bossan bossan at bio1.peb.ufrj.br
Tue Apr 12 19:06:00 EDT 1994

Message to "Neural Networkers"

World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering - RIO'94

	The next World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering will be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 21-26 August 1994. The scientific program includes approximately 1900 papers. Round table, state-of-the-art and tutorial sessions are being finalized, and nearly 250 of the world's leading experts have so far sent abstracts for their invited presentations.
	Issues in Neural Networks (NN) are inserted mainly in the topic Expert and Decision Support Systems (chairmen: N. Saranummi, Finland, and R. J. Machado, Brazil). A tutorial lecture on Hybrid Expert Systems will be presented by A. Rocha (Brazil) and oral sessions are programmed on both Neural Networks and Hybrid Expert Systems. A Round-table on NN in Electrocardiology (speakers: R. G. Mark, USA, N. Maglaveras, Greece, L. Glass, Austria and R. M. Sabbatini, Brazil) is also included in the program, in adiction to scientific sessions focusing NN in various applications.
	Attracting the largest possible audience is our present priority, as we can now present an extensive scientific program of high standard. We particularly hope that a large number of students will be able to participate as we offer courses and over 30 tutorial sessions. We are currently also making arrangements for low-priced board and lodging for students. Cut-price air-fairs to Rio (or packages including hotels) are available. Supporting from funding agencies has allowed reduced registration fees for Latin American participants. Together with the Final Announcement (and the final letter to the authors) we will give details of the reception of conference participants at the airport and transports to hotels, which are currently being organized. A free bus service will operate on Saturday (20th August) and Sunday (21st) during peak arrival hours. One of the taxi-companies operating within the airport will be available to participants arriving at other times (fixed prices fairs, around US$ 15), with a counter
on information regarding the congress and hotels.
	We look forward to welcoming you here, where you can enjoy stimulating scientific presentations and discussions, renew old friendships and make new ones, all in exotic and beautiful surroundings.

For more information:
World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering
Rio de Janeiro - 21-26 August 1994
Congrex do Brasil
Rua do Ouvidor 60, Gr.414
Tel: +55 (021) 224-6080 - Fax: +55 (021) 231-1492

or

bossan at bio1.peb.ufrj.br