CSFN: instructions for printing

Georg Dorffner georg at ai.univie.ac.at
Fri Sep 24 07:56:06 EDT 1993

Dear connectionists,

I recently announced the availability of two papers ("A unified framework
for MLPs and RBFNs ..." and "On using feedforward NN for Clinical ...") on
both neuroprose and our ftp server 'ftp.ai.univie.ac.at'.

Unfortunately, the postscript files contain commands that cause trouble
with some printers. So, if you fetched any of the files but were not able
to print it out it could be either

  1) your printer does not support the "A4" tray (European paper format)
     Then either delete the line consisting of 'statusdict begin a4tray end'
     or fetch the file again from ftp.ai.univie.ac.at (anonymous ftp)
     where I have already deleted that line.

  2) or the troubles (i.e. no printing at all, or error message "Offending
     command: cleartomark", or the like) are caused by a bunch of
     lines consisting of the simple command 'cleartomark' - for
     whatever reason. Then delete all those lines or globally
     replace them with '%cleartomark' (= comment them out) and try
     printing again.

Since the troubles seem to occur only on SOME printers and other printers
might need those ominous commands (sorry to you PS gurus), and since I
want to save Jordan Pollack some additional effort, I have not made any
changes to the originally archived files (except for the one mentioned
above).

Thank you for your patience and sorry for any inconveniences.

cheers

Georg Dorffner