Call for Papers

POCHEC%unb.ca@UNBMVS1.csd.unb.ca POCHEC%unb.ca at UNBMVS1.csd.unb.ca
Mon Mar 22 14:36:46 EST 1993

              T. Kanade, CMU
              R. Michalski, George Mason Univ.
              T. Poggio, MIT
              Z. Pylyshyn, Univ. of Western Ontario
              O. Selfridge, GTE Labs
              Y. Shirai, Osaka Univ.

          Program Committee
          =================

          The international program committee will consist of
          approximately 40 members from all main fields of AI and
          from Cognitive Science.

          We invite researchers from the various areas of Artificial
          Intelligence, Cognitive Science and Pattern Recognition,
          including Vision, Learning, Knowledge Representation and
          Foundations, to submit articles which assess or review the
          progress made so far in their respective areas, as well as
          the relevance of that progress to the whole enterprise of
          AI. Other papers which do not address the theme are also
          invited.

          Feature
          =======

          Four 70 minute invited talks and five panel discussions are
          devoted to the chosen topic: "Are we moving ahead: Lessons
          from Computer Vision." The speakers include (in
          alphabetical order)

                   * Lev  Goldfarb
                   * Stephen  Grossberg
                   * Robert  Haralick
                   * Tomaso  Poggio

          Such a concentrated analysis of the area will be undertaken
          for the first time.  We feel that the "Lessons from Computer
          Vision" are of relevance to the entire AI community.

          Information for Authors
          =======================

          Now: Fill out the form below and email it.
          ---

          March 30, 1993:
          --------------
          Four copies of an extended abstract (maximum of 4 pages
          including references) should be sent to the conference
          chair.

          May 15, 1993:
          -------------
          Notification of acceptance will be mailed.

          July 1, 1993:
         -------------
          Camera-ready copy of paper is due.

          Conference  Chair: Lev Goldfarb
                      Email: goldfarb at unb.ca

          Mailing address:
              Faculty of Computer Science
              University of New Brunswick
              P. O. Box 4400
              Fredericton, New Brunswick
              Canada  E3B 5A3

              Phone: (506) 453-4566
              FAX:   (506) 453-3566

          Symposium  location

          The symposium will be held in the Sheraton Inn, Fredericton
          which overlooks the beautiful Saint John River.

          IMMEDIATE REPLY FORM
          ====================

          (please email to goldfarb at unb.ca)

             I would like to submit a paper.