USC/CNE Workshop - Rescheduling.

Jean-Marc Fellous fellous%sapo.usc.edu at usc.edu
Tue Mar 9 10:57:50 EST 1993

Thank you for posting the following notice:

**************************** RESCHEDULING ****************************

                      SCHEMAS AND NEURAL NETWORKS
                   INTEGRATING SYMBOLIC AND SUBSYMBOLIC
                  APPROACHES TO COOPERATIVE COMPUTATION

   A Workshop sponsored by the

                      Center for Neural Engineering
                    University of  Southern  California
                         Los Angeles, CA 90089-2520

  The Program Committee has now evaluated the  submissions  to  the
  proposed  Workshop  on  'Schemas and Neural Networks: Integrating
  Symbolic and Subsymbolic Approaches to Cooperative  Computation',
  and  found  that  rather few were on the proposed topic, although
  there were several excellent submissions on Connectionist  Imple-
  mentation  of  Semantic  Networks;  and Schemas, Neural Networks,
  and Reactive Implementations of Robots.  We have thus decided  to
  postpone the meeting until October so that we may explicitly sol-
  icit the strongest possible contributions on an expanded theme  -
  still  on the topic of schemas and neural nets, but with the per-
  spective now broadened to include the two areas most closely  re-
  lated  to this particular combination of low and high-level tech-
  nologies: schemas plus  other  low-level  technologies  (such  as
  reactive  robot  control);  and neural nets plus other high-level
  technologies (such as rule systems and semantic nets).

  We regret whatever inconvenience this delay may  cause  you,  but
  believe  that  for  most contributors and participants, this will
  mean a much stronger and exciting meeting.

  New Schedule:  October 19 -20, 1993

    With Best Wishes

    Michael Arbib