Fault Tolerance in ANN's - thesis

George Bolt george at psychmips.york.ac.uk
Fri Mar 5 05:37:14 EST 1993

Since some people have been unable to uncompress the postscript
files, I have changed the method by which they are stored.
In directory "reports" the thesis postscript files are held
in a tar file "YCST-93.tar". The contents are also compressed
using the (hopefully) standard Unix compress routine. The tar
file is just under a megabyte in size.

Ftp instructions:

$ ftp minster.york.ac.uk
Connected to minster.york.ac.uk.
220 minster.york.ac.uk FTP server (York Tue Aug 25 11:09:10 BST 1992).
Name (minster.york.ac.uk:root): anonymous
331 Guest login ok, send email address as password.
Password:     < insert your email address here >
230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
ftp> cd reports
250 CWD command successful.
ftp> binary
200 Type set to I.
ftp> get YCST-93.tar
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for YCST-93.zoo (1041762 bytes).
226 Transfer complete.
1041762 bytes received in 19 seconds (55 Kbytes/s)
ftp> quit
221 Goodbye
$ tar -xvf - < YCST-93.tar
$ uncompress *.Z
$ printout

If anyone has any further problems, please contact me via email.

- George Bolt
email: george at psychmips.york.ac.uk
smail: Dept. of Psychology
       University of York