Very Fast Simulated Reannealing version 6.20

Lester Ingber ingber at alumni.cco.caltech.edu
Mon Nov 30 10:17:21 EST 1992

           VERY FAST SIMULATED REANNEALING (VFSR) (C)

             Lester Ingber ingber at alumni.caltech.edu
                               and
              Bruce Rosen rosen at ringer.cs.utsa.edu

The good news is that the people who have gotten our beta version of
VFSR to work on their applications are very pleased.  The bad news is
that because of some blunders made in the process of making the code
user-friendly, the code has to be modified to use as a standalone
function call.  This bug is corrected and some other fixes/changes
are made in version v6.20.

This version is now updated in netlib at research.att.com.  It will
eventually find its way into the other NETLIB archives.

To access the new version:

Interactive
     local% ftp research.att.com
     Name (research.att.com:your_login_name): netlib
     Password: [type in your_login_name or anything]
     ftp> cd opt
     ftp> binary
     ftp> get vfsr.Z
     ftp> quit
     local% uncompress vfsr.Z
     local% sh vfsr

Electronic Mail Request
     local% mail netlib at research.att.com
     [mail netlib at ornl.gov]
     [mail netlib at ukc.ac.uk]
     [mail netlib at nac.no]
     [mail netlib at cs.uow.edu.au]
     send vfsr from opt
     ^D [or however you send mail]

Lester

  ||  Prof. Lester Ingber               ingber at alumni.caltech.edu  ||
  ||  P.O. Box 857                                                 ||
  ||  McLean, VA 22101       703-848-1859 = [10ATT]0-700-L-INGBER  ||