a couple of administrative matters

Dave_Touretzky@DST.BOLTZ.CS.CMU.EDU Dave_Touretzky at DST.BOLTZ.CS.CMU.EDU
Thu Nov 5 22:25:21 EST 1992

#1.  Due to the increasing size of the CONNECTIONISTS list, we are no
longer able to wade through hundreds returned fail messages (most of which
are spurious) to determine who is and is not receiving mail successfully.
We will now ask you to contact us if you stop receiving mail.
Connectionists sends out more than a message a week, so if you do not
receive mail for ONE WEEK, send mail to

	Connectionists-Request at cs.cmu.edu

with your full name, address, and where you are receiving mail.  This last
we need in case you are on a local redistribution list.

We also ask that if your account is about to expire or you are moving,
please contact us at the above address so that we can remove or update your
entry.

Thank you

David Redish and Dave Touretzky
Connectionists-Request at cs.cmu.edu

#2.  Do you wonder what happened to all the people who used to post here
asking for references on random topics?  The're still with us, but the list
is now FILTERED and those messages are killed before they make it out to
our readership.

Please don't send requests for references to this list; they will be
rejected.  There is one exception to the above rule.  If you have already
compiled a substantial bibliography on some topic, you may post it along
with a request for *additional* references.  (People are encouraged to post
useful bibliographies even if they're not looking for additions.)

But if you simply can't resist the urge to post a request for references, a
plea for free software, or a really elementary question about neural nets,
then the folks over on comp.ai.neural-nets are the ones you should be
pestering.  Subscribe today!