Summer Internships at Apple Computer

Kamil A. Grajski kamil at apple.com
Fri Mar 13 16:44:36 EST 1992

  Unofficial announcement

  Summer Internships at Apple Computer in Cupertino, CA

  The Speech & Language Technologies Department in Apple's Advanced
Technology Group has summer internship positions available.  The typical
intern experience is to focus on one project under the close supervision
of one or more senior researchers/engineers.   In the past, intern projects
in this group have resulted in lasting contributions - not just busy work!
There is a formal review process, end of summer presentation, etc.
There are corporate-wide summer intern social and professional events, too.

  Qualifications can span several areas.  Upper division undergraduate, or
early graduate students preferred in the following areas: a.) general
speech processing; b.) front-end signal processing, ; c.) statistical
pattern recognition, e.g., HMMs, general methods; d.) speech synthesis;
e.) natural language; and f.) Macintosh (MPW) programming.
This is not an exhasutive list, but the main point is that the
candidate should have a strong committment to do doing really great
work in speech technology.

  I apologize in advance that I will NOT be able to acknowledge each
and every inquiry, individually.

Kamil A. Grajski
kamil at apple.com