Post-doc Positions at IIASS

Tagliaferri Roberto robtag at udsab.dia.unisa.it
Wed Mar 4 09:59:26 EST 1992

                               I.I.A.S.S.

International Institute for Advanced Scientific Studies
Vietri sul mare (Salerno) Italy

The IIASS's  main research interests lie in the areas of Neural Networks,
Machine Learning, Computer Science and Theoretical Physics.
The Institute works in close cooperation with the Departments of Computer Science and
Theoretical Physics of the nearby University of Salerno.
It calls for applicants for the following

                             POSTDOCTORAL  RESEARCH  POSITIONS

1. Theory and Applications of Hybrid Systems.

2. Analysis of Monodimensional Signals, mainly ECG and Continuous Speech with
Neural Nets.

3. Pattern Recognition and Machine Vision.

4. Machine Learning and Robotics.

Salary will be according to Italian standards.

The candidates should possess a Ph.D. or, at least, four years of documented scientific
research activity in the indicated areas. Age limit: 35 years.

Applications should include the following elements:

- curriculum vitae: academic career, last position held, detailed documentation
  of scientific activity.
- 2 letters of presentation.
- Specification of present and proposed research activity of the applicant.

Applications must be addressed to the President of IIASS

Professor E.R. Caianiello
IIASS
via G. Pellegrino, 19
I-84019 Vietri sul mare (Salerno) Italy